DETOX TEA : ITS TYPES AND BENEFITS IN DETAILS
What is detox tea?
Detox tea has recently earned the favor of the populace worldwide owing to the highly coveted celebs who are attributing their successful weight loss to the herbal detox tea.
Even the alternative medicine practitioners are of opinion that the benefits of green tea include nourishment for the liver and kidney as well as the elimination of the toxic materials out of the body.
While most people tend to incorporate it into their daily diet, some choose to follow a detox diet plan along with it in order to make the plan even more effective. There are some fellows who are so motivated by the goodness of the detox tea that they stick to a full detox cleansing plan in which they just drink the detox tea either for the whole day or for a full week.
Experts suggest that you may take it by incorporating into the diet plan or trying it along with a custom etched detox diet plan in order to reap the best benefits of the detox tea.
Different Types of Detox Tea
Detox tea is known by several names which include, cleansing tea, skinny tea and the most apt name, weight loss tea. The magic recipe for this tea comprises of warm water steeped in roots and herbs that help the kidneys to release out toxins and improves the function of the liver making your skin glow and strengthening your physique.
Some of the most sought after natural detox tea include:
- If you had been in search of a tea that’s loaded with detox benefits, then none can match the efficacy of detox tea.
- Consuming this tea regularly is a wonderful way of losing weight fast and adding nutrients to your system.
- The level of antioxidants in green tea is higher than any other tea variants.
- This tea is packed with the antioxidants called polyphenols which help in killing the free radicals that have a tendency to damage healthy cells.
- There are various types of green teas as well and some brands like the Yogi tea detox has their own blends.
- You should always look for a green tea that is organically produced and GMO-free.
- It’s super healthy to have green tea no matter in which form you consume it. So if you are really bored with drinking the extracts of those dried leaves mixing into hot water, you can always mix it with fruit juice or make a smoothie with it.
- Dandelion tea makes use of the roots as well as leaves of the dandelion plant.
- This tea is loaded with various types of antioxidants like Vitamin D, Vitamin C and Vitamin A along with considerable amounts of magnesium, zinc, and potassium.
- This tea is also known to be a detoxifying agent for the liver owing to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Dandelion tea helps in soothing the symptoms of various ailments such as diabetes, bloating and liver dysfunction.
- The dandelion tea is made up of the roots and leaves and each part has its own set of benefits. Both of them helps in regulating the digestive system, but the root is best for your liver and the leaves are meant to heal your kidneys.
- Dandelion tea is also known to improve the flow of bile and function as a laxative.
- As the dandelion tea is rich in potassium content, it can immediately replenish the loss of electrolytes.
Milk Thistle Tea
- If you had been looking for a tea that would aid in the functioning of your liver then you can consume the milk thistle tea on a regular basis.
- Sylmarin which is the combined form of 3 flavonoids is the active ingredient of this tea, comprising up to 80 percent of it.
- Sylmarin aids to protect and repair the cells of the liver and also reduce liver inflammation.
- Traditionally, milk thistle tea found its use to treat some of the major disorders of the liver such as chronic hepatitis and cirrhosis. It can be also beneficial for treating gallbladder disorders.
- You would be surprised to know that this tea is used to keep Type 2 diabetes and cholesterol levels under control. It can be used to treat mushroom poisoning and boost weakened immune system.
Benefits of detox tea
Have you ever thought of replacing your morning cup of black coffee with a soothing fresh cup of detox tea? If not, then it’s probably the best time to do so. And in case you are wondering what does detox tea do; here are a handful of reasons to convince you.
- Suppress your sudden cravings:
Do you feel hungry all of a sudden and grab those carbohydrate-rich pastries and donuts owing to the uncontrollable hunger? Well, you are not alone. A large portion of modern diet comprises of high levels of carbohydrates but is low in fiber and protein content.
If you are looking to shed some unwanted weights, you will have to eat things which are made of fewer calories and more nutrients. So you should look for eggs, fish, meat on the one hand and fresh fruits and green veggies on the other to balance the right amount of protein and fiber without consuming the added load of carbohydrates.
Another viable means of staving off hunger cravings is to have as much as detox teas which would make you feel full at most times, suggesting that you are less likely to munch in.
- Help in the digestion of foods:
Most organic teas aid in digestion and detox tea is no exception to this rule.
By consuming detox teas on a regular basis, you help the natural compounds of the tea to get released into your system so that they can assist in the process of digestion and speed up the waste removal process.
So by drinking detox tea every day, you can improve your digestion, reduce bloating, eliminate the constipation problems and enjoy holistic well-being.
- Aids in the removal of toxins:
The basic function of the detox tea is to eliminate the toxins of the body.
This means that when you drink it on a regular basis, the herbs present in the tea can compel the liver to release alcohol, smoke, caffeine and other harmful additives that are present in the food we eat.
So the detox tea actually leads to the activation of detoxifying enzymes that are naturally present in the liver.
- Improves the immune system:
You have already known that organically produced herbal teas are rich in antioxidants.
These antioxidants can protect your body by killing the free radicals that could lead to different types of health problems.
So by drinking detox teas regularly, you can also build up a strong defense against the disease-causing bacteria, virus, and infections.
- Boosts the metabolic rate:
Wouldn’t it be great if you could burn calories even while resting? This is what detox tea helps you achieve.
When you drink the detox tea, your metabolism is automatically boosted which lets you burn some additional calories even when you are reading a magazine or working on your desktop.
What’s more, some teas also offer a thermogenic effect that can burn fat on the one hand and decrease the storage of fat in the body.
Side effects of detox tea
When the whole world is going gaga over the detox teas, it’s imperative to know about the possible side effects of the detox teas in order to determine whether it can really help you in when your unique health conditions are concerned.
- Though the detox teas have become a big business these days, you cannot simply rely on them and expect it to conjure up into making you slimmer and more active with its magic wand. You have to spend your sweat off to lose weight if you are dreaming of cutting off a considerable amount.
- In some instances, it is seen that the people who drink detox tea on a regular basis, tend to lose their water weight instead of actual fat. So, you should stay away from detox teas that are combined with caffeine and diuretics.
- Detox teas also have a laxative effect. By this, your gastrointestinal tract eliminates the waste and leaves your stomach much flatter. You would definitely feel much lighter without actually losing an ounce of body weight.
- A caffeine-based drink may interfere with your sleep and in most cases, the detox teas contain caffeine. And when you sleep less than required all your weight loss efforts are bound to drop down the drain leaving you as you were before starting the detox plan.
- Some detox teas may contain senna extract, a plant with considerable laxative effects. If you consume this tea way more than required, you may face a host of problems that can range from abdominal aches to bloating, nausea to diarrhea, depletion of potassium to abnormalities of electrolytes, muscle spasms and abnormal rhythm of the heart.
The final verdict is that, before you jump to buy any detox tea, you should do your research properly, read the skinny detox tea reviews and if still confused, consult an expert to know which detox tea is an ideal fit for you.